the super ingredient, HMB?
Our bodies produce HMB (βeta-hydroxy βeta-methylbutyrate) while metabolizing leucine, an Essential Amino Acid, that is part of the food chain - we consume it every day in foods like poultry, beef, fish, tofu and cheese. Some proteins have more leucine than others; however, it is difficult if not impossible to consume enough protein through supplementation or a healthy diet alone to achieve the effective amount of HMB your body needs.
WHY DOES HMB HELP ME FUNCTION?
Because it supports muscle integrity on a cellular level.
Muscles play a part in everything we do from controlling our heartbeat, breathing, and allowing movement.
AMINO ACID FUNCTION
Amino Acids are the building blocks of protein. Protein levels are a major barometer of determining cell health.
LEUCINE / HMB FUNCTION
HMB, derived from an essential amino acid leucine, improves muscle integrity by increasing protein synthesis.
THE BENEFITS OF HMB
BOOSTS PROTEIN SYNTHESIS, ESSENTIAL FOR CELL HEALTH
- Boosts protein synthesis
- Reduces protein breakdown
- Improves the anabolic effects of plant-based protein
BETTER BODY COMPOSITION
- With resistance training, it improves body composition by increasing / maintaining muscle mass while decreasing body fat
REDUCES MUSCLE DAMAGE / IMPROVES MUSCLE MASS
- Reduces muscle damage
- In combination with resistance training, HMB increases muscle mass and strength
- Increases HIIT repeated sprint type endurance performance
- Increases anaerobic capacity
- Improve endurance by increasing max oxygen consumption
INCREASED MOBILITY & HEALTHY AGING
- Increases muscle mass & strength in older adults, mobility & stability
- Older adults are increasingly less sensitive to protein, thereby needing more in their diet. As HMB supports muscle health, it also supports adults in feeling more energized to perform / complete daily acitivities
REDUCED RECOVERY TIME
- Accelerates injury recovery and rehabilitation
- Decreases post exercise recovery time
The myHMB® Clear ingredient infused into Nirvana's products has achieved GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) designation, in compliance with applicable FDA regulations.